Monday, October 25, 2010

Make Your Own Harvest Floral Pumpkin

Halloween is a week away and it will mark the end of summer, in celebration of the beginning of Autumn, here is another how to post. Using a locally bought pumpkin and some fresh flowers I'll show you how to make a beautiful fall centerpiece!

First thing we need to do is hallow out the pumpkin, in the picture I am using a small (7"-9") white pumpkin:








Next I spray the exposed flesh of the pumpkin with a surface sealer. Then I insert a plastic liner to hold the water and some floral foam:





Next create a background color of rusty red leaves with these Dogwood leaves:





And add a couple stems of orange lilies:





Here you will see I put some wooden stakes in the 'lid' of the pumpkin because I want to include it in the design. This brings the color of the pumpkin up into the floral design:









Next I'll add the sunflowers:





And finally the fall daisy mums and dried wheat:




The finished design:
'Pumpkin Autumn Floral Design'





Thanks for reading, happy designing!

No comments: